Sunday, July 20, 2008

Back to School

I have spent much of the weekend attempting to get to grips with XCode, Objective C, UPNP libraries, iPhone SDK and arm-apple-darwin cross compiling. To be frank it's not going too well at the minute. I think that the classic developer ego is stopping me from going back to basics.

I think that I should be able to understand how all these bits fit together but really 10 years of web based interpreted code development has ruined my C kung-fu. Accordingly I am now - after essentially wasting most of my weekend - swallowing my pride and working my way through as many tutorials as I can starting with "Hello World" until I know how to compile a useful UPNP library into a Cocoa Touch framework and get it to talk to my network. I think this may take some time.

0 comments: